Eight…. Nine… Ten….
Whew. Iggy’s been doing some weight training because he knows we have an upcoming plywood-based project on the schedule. He needs to improve his upper body strength to heft those sheets!
While he sits and eats a banana between sets – good source of potassium, you know – he slipped me this week’s list.
- Thicknessing? Panel glue ups? What are you talking about? With plywood, cut it to size and get cracking!
- Plywood comes in a wide array of face veneer species. And, if you can’t find what you need at your supplier, you can use it as a substrate for a fancier veneer.
- You will give your classic AMC Gremlin a workout trying to shove a 4 foot by 8 foot sheet of ply through the hatchback when you carry it home from the supplier.
- Wood movement? Come on… Plywood virtually eliminates it, allowing you to glue it in place in many projects, adding strength to the final assembly.
- Some sheets actually come straight from the factory pre-finished with a heavy-duty lacquer. This is a huge time saver when working on cabinet projects, and eliminates that noxious finish smell inside the boxes.